Friday, July 22, 2011

LSU QB: Criticism motivates me

LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson comes into the 2011 season with questions surrounding him. In 2010, his performance was inconsistent, and it seemed he lacked confidence.

Head coach Les Miles said he thinks Jefferson has confidence, and he doesn't let who's looking over his shoulder affect him.

"I think he steps forward to do the things he can do," Miles said. "He's been a very productive quarterback for us."

Jefferson said the criticism motivates him.

"It helps me workout harder, but at the same time, it helps me improve what people feel I lack," he said.

Offensive lineman T-Bob Hebert said he's happy to have Jefferson as the team's leader and quarterback.

"Jordan has really proven how resilient he is," Hebert said. "He keeps fighting and working to get better."

- Laura Owens

0 comments: