Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little apologizes in statement released by UNC

Former North Carolina tailback/ wide receiver Greg Little -- who was ruled permanently ineligible by the NCAA on Monday for violation of NCCAA agent benefits, preferential treatment and ethical conduct rules -- released this statement through the school Tuesday:

"One of my greatest accomplishments was receiving a scholarship to the University of North Carolina. Representing the University was a true honor and I am so appreciative of Coach [Butch] Davis and his staff for giving me the opportunity to achieve my dream of playing for North Carolina. I want to apologize first to my teammates, coaches, and the support staff for letting them down. To the community of Chapel Hill, students, alumni, and supporters of the University, I am terribly remorseful.

The recent decision from the NCAA regarding my eligibility as a collegiate athlete is extremely painful, and has been a distraction from the team throughout the past five months. My situation should not take away from any of the team's current accomplishments or future accomplishments. Now that I am no longer a part of the program, I hope my actions will not distract the team any longer.

For the remainder of this semester, I will continue to pursue my education at North Carolina. I understand the negative connotations associated with my punishment, but I would like to continue to be active in the community and participate in various outreach programs that I have always enjoyed.

There are defining moments in everyone's life. I will use this as one of mine to shape and mold my morals and values as person. My time at UNC came to an abrupt conclusion, but I will forever be a proud supporter of the Tar Heels and the University of North Carolina."

-- Robbi Pickeral

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Someone has really been earning their apology writing pay lately.

And no need to apologize to the coaches, except the getting caught part.

Anonymous said...

More like, "Yo, wud up son? Yea, these punk arse whities keep holding us down. It's all good, I got this johnny blaze to keep me up str8 till I roll with C Hawkins at the combine. Bout to drop a dime on these hoes."

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Where's all the gangsta twitter talk DAWG?

Anonymous said...

If he wrote that, I am Mickey F#$k!ng Mouse....

Matt said...

Wow! That's some seriously racist stuff you got going there, boys. Thank goodness it's all nice and anonymous, right? Wouldn't want to own up to these opinions of yours, would ya?

Anonymous said...

UNC- University of Non Compliance.

Anonymous said...

It takes a man to face his mistakes. Good for you Greg! These racist comments come from folks that are jealous because they can't, and never could, do things you do on the field. Good luck at the next level!