Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why Clemson should entertain you

I don't care who you root for, because a long time ago I stopped rooting.



OK, not entirely: I still root for the Boston Red Sox (my team) and the Atlanta Braves (my son's team; I'm a convert), but the only other thing that catches my interest is Syracuse (kinda) because I went there. It's more a curiosity than a passion.



My point is I'm predisposed to dispassion. And anyone who doesn't get Clemson's strange rise has no soul, no heart. No one expected them to do 6-0, and then to do what they did Saturday -- come back from an 18-point deficit -- is astounding. I'm telling you, the opinon-makers in South Carolina were writing their eulogy simultaneous to them blowing up Maryland in the fourth quarter.



It's fun to watch. I'm kinda feel like the kid at the edge of the merry-go-round, swinging at the edge, and not particularly caring when I fall off. I watch, I write about Sammy Watkins and Tajh Boyd and Dabo Swinney. And I realize all this is of far more consequence to them than to me.



And I suspect I write well about this because whether they win/lose/draw, it's fun to watch from afar.

2 comments:

Michael Procton said...

Who writes a personal perspective blog without attributing it to themselves?

Lucy said...

It can't really have success, I consider like this.