Friday, January 9, 2009

Tar Heels pick up Florida athlete

North Carolina has picked up its second commitment from Armwood High in Seffner, Fla., as Mywan Jackson announced his choice at a press conference at the school today.

He picked UNC over Michigan, Jackson said Thursday night. He was also offered by 21 other schools, including South Carolina.

"I just really liked the atmosphere there, and the program," he said. "I can really see myself spending the next four years there.

“It’s a good feeling knowing that they’re an upcoming program. I felt good when I was there watching them play Virginia Tech (on his visit). I got a good feel for the program when I was there.”

Jackson, who is 5-foot-11 and 170 pounds, is expected to play slot receiver or possibly cornerback for the Tar Heels. He quarterbacked Armwood to a 12-1 record as a senior, piling up over 2,400 all-purpose yards and accounting for 40 touchdowns.

Jackson, who has 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash, joins prep teammate Angelo Hadley, a defensive back, in choosing North Carolina.

Coach Butch Davis' recruiting class now has 26 commitments.

--Stan Olson

1 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I was curious why he wasn't going to a Florida school then I saw why.

4.5 in the 40 isn't going to cut it for a receiver or a DB at Florida.