Friday, November 18, 2011

Clemson's game at Va. Tech seems immaterial

I just covered the UNC-Virginia Tech game, the second time I've been to Blacksburg this fall. I was also there the night Clemson dismantled the Hokies.

I think it's inevitable that there will be a Clemson-Virginia Tech rematch for the ACC title game Dec. 3 in Charlotte. Clemson fans shouldn't put much weight in how easily the Tigers won. 23-3, at Lane Stadium Oct. 1.

Hey, I'm not saying Clemson has lost its mojo or that the Hokies have morphed into some super-team. I am saying that Virginia Tech is clearly better than they showed that night against the Tigers and that Clemson has looked less than dominant of late.

The biggest difference for the Hokies is quarterback Logan Thomas. He looked indecisive, if not intimidated, in that first Clemson game. Now he looks like an upper-level ACC quarterback, and the X-factor is his size (6-6 and 254 pounds). I would never trade Tajh Boyd for Thomas, but to dismiss Thomas as a playmaker if foolish.

I keep hearing people saying Clemson has a cake-walk to the Orange Bowl. I don't buy it. I think Clemson-Va. Tech on a neutral field is a wide-open game, and will be great fun to cover.

-- Rick Bonnell

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt in my mind VaTech wins the ACC AGAIN, and Clemson blows it AGAIN.

Gotta go with history here.

shankshan752 said...

ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION
ISO 27001 Standard is an internationally recognized Information Security Management System (ISMS). This international standard specifies requirements to identify, control, manage, and as well as to reduce information security risks and accidents. visit: iso 27001 certification

Adam said...

Lovedd reading this thanks