Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ASU's Edwards to test sprained ankle

Appalachian State quarterback Armanti Edwards is expected to practice this afternoon for the first time since spraining his left ankle in the Presbyterian game Saturday night.

Should he do so with no recurrence of the problem, he’s virtually certain to start Saturday in the team’s Southern Conference opener with The Citadel in Boone.
Edwards was actually recruited by Citadel coach Kevin Higgins, who visited both his Greenwood, S.C., high school and his home.

“It was in my top group. I didn’t have many offers at the time, so I had to consider them, even if I didn’t want to,” Edwards said this week. “But you know, it’s a great program. I just wasn’t that sure that I wanted to go to the military school.”

- Stan Olson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! We are plenty banged up as it is.....losing #14 for any period of time would be a huge blow; although true freshman DeAndre Pressley looks like player!!

GO APPS!!

Anonymous said...

It's great to be a Mountaineer!!! AE hope the ankle is good, The Citadel better tape theirs good, cause we'll cause them to break theirs!!

Go App!