Friday, August 8, 2008

ASU QB: I'm not transferring to bigger school

Appalachian State junior quarterback Armanti Edwards, after leading the Mountaineers to two straight Football Championship Subdivision national titles, has heard the rumors.

Bigger schools, the schools that ignored him when he was a 150-pound high school quarterback in Greenwood, S.C., have been making subtle inquiries about whether he would be open to transferring into their programs.

Edwards, though, said recently that's not happening.

"I haven't heard from any of those," he said. "I heard (rumors that) Florida State and South Carolina (were interested) last year, but I don't know where they were coming from. My brother asked me about it, if I was going to leave, and I said, 'No.' "

Edwards said he has been delighted with his career in Boone, and plans to stay with ASU through his senior year before trying to make believers out of the NFL.

- Stan Olson

0 comments: