Monday, January 17, 2011

Pack's Wilson heading to spring training

N.C. State quarterback Russell Wilson announced today that he plans to attend spring training with the Colorado Rockies but hasn't decided yet whether he will return to the Wolfpack for his senior football season in the fall.

"At this point in my life the best thing for me is to concentrate fully on baseball in the same way that I concentrated fully on football over the past six months," Wilson said in a statement released by the school.

"It is only fair for everyone involved that I give baseball the same time and attention that I have given football. Ultimately, decisions about my athletic future will be made based on my potential to succeed at the highest professional level."

Wilson redshirted as a freshman and already has his bachelor's degree in communications. He intends to continue pursuing his graduate degree at N.C. State and is keeping open the option of returning for football, according to school sports information director Annabelle Myers.

Last summer, Wilson was selected in the fourth round of the major league draft by the Rockies. He played for the Rockies' Class A affiliate in Pasco, Washington, before returning for preseason football camp.

In an e-mail, Myers wrote that Wilson said he will have no further comment on his plans and will not be available for interviews. Coach Tom O'Brien is on the road recruiting and will be available for comment on national signing day, Feb. 2, according to Myers.

Ken Tysiac

1 comments:

webinar training said...

I was looking for a good article covering this issue . Searching in Bing I found this amazing blog. After going over this information I'm happy to say that I have found just what I was looking for. I will make sure to bookmark this website and come again more often . Thanks!