Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Q&A with Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson (right) and the N.C. State Wolfpack face Florida State on Saturday after last week's bye.

Excerpts from N.C. State quarterback Russell Wilson's news conference Tuesday:

Q: What did you specifically work on during the open date?

A: Just running the offense, executing the offense and everything. Just continuing to try to make the right reads and keeping the offense going.

Q: I thought I heard Coach (Tom) O'Brien say on his coach's show that in the last two games you'd missed more throws than you usually do. Is that so, and if that's the case, do you have any idea how that happened?

A: You always miss one or two, here or there, that I wish I could have back. But I've just got to keep working hard, keep believing in my receivers and offensive line and running backs, and we'll make passes and completions, and then touchdowns.

Q: So was he right?

A: Yeah. Definitely. I missed a few throws that I definitely should complete in my opinion. I expect to make certain throws, and I just have to keep getting better.

Q: When you lose three games in a row, it's easy for guys to get disheartened. Was there some rallying that had to be done, or was everybody in pretty good spirits and confident going into the open week?

A: There was definitely a rallying, trying to get everybody back into the circle. Trying not to listen to the outside discussions or whatever it is. Just focus on our team and know what we have to do, and realize that we have to have a new beginning, a new start.

-- Ken Tysiac

0 comments: